How do I access "Firefox is NOT compatible with this application. For best performance, please use Internet Explorer 5.0 and above...." web sites; when I try to download any alternate browser, then a warning that alternate is "imcompatable with your opera
How do I access websites that warn: "Firefox is NOT compatible with this application. For best performance, please use Internet Explorer 5.0 and above...."? When I try to download any alternate browser, all I get is another warning that the alternate is "not compatible with your operating system." Is Firefox preventing this? The site listed below is a job application site. I've had this same problem with other job application sites also.
URL of affected sites
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- -Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Google Update
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Thông tin chi tiết
Java Quick Starter
Microsoft NET framework assistant
My.Freeze.com NetAssistant (disabled)
Firefox does not stop you from downloading alternate browsers.
The message means exactly what it says, Windows 2000 is end of lifed and most new browsers (I don't know which ones you tried) won't support it.
As for sites that refuse to work with Firefox, you can try the User Agent Switcher add-on to make them think you are using IE.
Người tạo câu hỏi
OK, thanks! I've loaded the User Agent Switcher, but I'm not seeing how to engage or use it. I need a bit more guidance from you if you don't mind. Thanks.
There should be a User Agent Switcher menu item under Tools, which gives you the browser names you can impersonate.
The menu item name changes to the browser UA you are presently using.
There is also a User Agent Switcher button, you can add it using View -> Toolbars -> Customize, and dragging the button to your toolbar.
You can just start trying IE versions (or the versions it says on the site) until it lets you in.