Showing questions for topic:

Firefox created a folder "Old Firefox data" on my desktop

Firefox created a folder "Old Firefox data" on my desktop which is impossible to delete. I am getting an error "Access denied" even when trying to delete it as administra… (read more)

Firefox created a folder "Old Firefox data" on my desktop which is impossible to delete. I am getting an error "Access denied" even when trying to delete it as administrator. How can I delete this folder?

Open 2

Enterprise Firefox XSLT support timeline and planned removal

We are evaluating Mozilla Firefox/Firefox ESR as a temporary workaround for an enterprise application that currently depends on XSLT. Our application is expected to be up… (read more)

We are evaluating Mozilla Firefox/Firefox ESR as a temporary workaround for an enterprise application that currently depends on XSLT. Our application is expected to be upgraded by the end of February 2027, after which the XSLT dependency will no longer be required. We understand that Mozilla is investigating the deprecation/removal of XSLT from Firefox, but we have not found a confirmed removal date.

Could you please confirm: Is there a planned Firefox or Firefox ESR release in which XSLT will be disabled or removed? Can you confirm whether XSLT is expected to remain supported through February 2027? If removal is planned, which Firefox/ESR version is expected to remove it? Does Firefox ESR provide any additional guarantee or extended support for XSLT? Is there an official Mozilla roadmap or documentation that we can reference for our enterprise planning?

This information is important because we have approximately 5,000 users who may be affected, and we need to determine whether Firefox can safely be used as a temporary workaround until our application upgrade.

Open 1

Recover from computer crash restoration to new Tnderbird install

HELP‼ Are there any •SERIOUS• “Thunderbird” savvy computer geeks in 155.0that could help me merge “old” user profile directories from *crashed* computer to a new computer… (read more)

HELP‼

Are there any •SERIOUS• “Thunderbird” savvy computer geeks in 155.0that could help me merge “old” user profile directories from *crashed* computer to a new computer without messing up either one?🙏

i used to do this stuff (with my eyes closed) but I no longer remember if I had breakfast today and they are my wife’s files! 🤬

I have new notebook computer plus the •entire• old computer data on a USB stick.

Open 1

How can I gc bsck to an earlier version of Firefox?

The current version of Firefox is very frustrating to use. It often will not let me enter a password but will send me to the saved passwords. I do not want to put all m… (read more)

The current version of Firefox is very frustrating to use. It often will not let me enter a password but will send me to the saved passwords. I do not want to put all my passwords on the computer. I have 2 U tube accounts, and the new Firefox will not let me enter the account info directly, but sends me to Google. I have had to resort to using Microsoft Edge out of sheer frustration with Firefox. Previous versions of Firefox did not have these problems

Open 1

Upgrade from 155.0 to 155.0.1 was unstable, reverted

I updated to 155.0.1 via the update modal yesterday, on MacOS Tahoe, and it didn't restart as normal. The main message pane was blank with "No Message Found" (screensh… (read more)

I updated to 155.0.1 via the update modal yesterday, on MacOS Tahoe, and it didn't restart as normal. The main message pane was blank with "No Message Found" (screenshot attached).

I tried installing a fresh 155.0 over, that did not work; but, a restore of the prior app from my Time Machine did work -- that is, the application not the user profile data.

I just thought this was strange; never ran into it.

If there is an issue and I can help test it usefully, I happy to do so (I have backups! LOL).


Forrest

Solved 3

Request for Firefox ESR Portable Release History and Release Dates

Hello, I would like to obtain the complete release history of Firefox ESR Portable, including: The exact release date of each Firefox ESR Portable version. The correspond… (read more)

Hello,

I would like to obtain the complete release history of Firefox ESR Portable, including:

The exact release date of each Firefox ESR Portable version. The corresponding Firefox ESR version number (e.g., 115.x ESR, 128.x ESR, 140.x ESR, etc.). Any available information regarding delays between the release of Firefox ESR by Mozilla and the release of Firefox ESR Portable.

Could you please provide a list of all Firefox ESR Portable releases along with their release dates, or direct me to an official source where this information can be found?

Thank you for your assistance.

Solved 11