Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

I used the suggested about:config solution for a way to revert from this abysmal new download thing to the old page. the page pops up , but remains blank

lonegunman101

as I tried to state in the sentence above, I vehemently hate the new download system and want to revert back to the old downloads page popup

I read a similar question and tried the about:config solution given by corel https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/955204#answer-422863

the old page pops up like it used to when I download something but remains blank so all the solution did was remove any means of monitoring download progress

how do I revert it correctly ?

as I tried to state in the sentence above, I vehemently hate the new download system and want to revert back to the old downloads page popup I read a similar question and tried the about:config solution given by corel https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/955204#answer-422863 the old page pops up like it used to when I download something but remains blank so all the solution did was remove any means of monitoring download progress how do I revert it correctly ?

All Replies (10)

Did you check the download settings in Options > General?

  • Firefox/Tools > Options > General : Downloads

yes I did I tried it both with ask me everytime and with direct to downloads

it still remains blank

You can check the browser.download.manager.retention pref(s) on the about:config page to see if it has the default value 2.

yes it is at value of 2

which is default as far as I am aware

The "toolkit" Download Manager (old dialog) does not seem to work for downloads in private browsing windows. Is that the problem?

apparently according to another thread about this , it is

I do not know for sure though

Well, are you testing either in

  • a private window in a normal session
  • a private window in a permanent private browsing session

right now I permanently use private

later tonight before I get ready for surgery , I will try in normal , although I will never use normal , just to see.

Good luck in your surgery!