Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

FIREFOX! Please Fix The Streaming Video Issue With Version 157!!!

etjulien

First the laggy, extremely slow issue was just noticed on YouTube. Now I notice it on Rumble and other sites. For now, I have to abandon Firefox and use an alternative browser. I've stayed with you for years. Maybe it's time to part ways. I really like your browser. But, it has become nearly non-functional for me.

First the laggy, extremely slow issue was just noticed on YouTube. Now I notice it on Rumble and other sites. For now, I have to abandon Firefox and use an alternative browser. I've stayed with you for years. Maybe it's time to part ways. I really like your browser. But, it has become nearly non-functional for me.

All Replies (8)

Tried removing cache and cookies?

Already did this with no difference.

Do you have any add-ons? For instance Ghostery?

Please file a bug, and attach your about:support data — this first needs help with reproducing the issue and the conditions, if this also exhibits for you in a clean profile. Thanks!

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=bug-writing.html

jbr மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

The step to reproducing the issue was updating to version 157. I have tried to disable all the Add-ons and the problem still persists. I did not have this with version 156. That's the issue.

I have seen the work involved in submitting a bug report. No thank you. It's much easier to just use a different browser.

Since the question has no troubleshooting logs attached, nobody can file that for you unfortunately.

(It would be interesting to know what security/antivirus you have running, how your media support & driver/feature enablement looks like etc., which is listed in the above mentioned log — something the engineer on the bug would be asking for as well.)

Of course only if it keeps reproducing without uBO, Ghostery and the like: www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/1wtyxke/am_i_the_only_one_having_issues_with_youtube/ — hence why I mentioned separate clean profile for verification — there's not much to do when adblockers and YT fight each other tampering with their functionalities and leaving that to the browser to render the brokenness for them… 🤷

I really appreciate all your time and effort in getting this resolved. However, I am using Brave with add-ons that I used in Firefox with no issues. So, my solution to this problem is to switch to Brave where I don't have the issues I faced with Firefox version 157. I just don't have the energy to spend fixing something that works just fine with another browser. I hope you can understand. I like Firefox. It just no longer works for me. Thank you for all the suggestions.🙏

கேள்வி எழுப்பு

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.