Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Unknown error message

Handymanbill

I have been using Firefox for many years without any problems. I’ve changed nothing on my laptop, but now, when I try and send an email, I get an “Unknown Identity” message. If I use my phone, everything works OK and I get no messages – it’s only on my laptop. See images of the messages attached. The location code in the message changes when I try and send another email. I’ve tried re-entering my mail server account details but problem still exists. Same thing if I try and add a new email address. I am not exactly computer-savvy and I have two questions: 1. What has happened (or what have I done) to create this problem? 2. How can I resolve this?

Thank you

I have been using Firefox for many years without any problems. I’ve changed nothing on my laptop, but now, when I try and send an email, I get an “Unknown Identity” message. If I use my phone, everything works OK and I get no messages – it’s only on my laptop. See images of the messages attached. The location code in the message changes when I try and send another email. I’ve tried re-entering my mail server account details but problem still exists. Same thing if I try and add a new email address. I am not exactly computer-savvy and I have two questions: 1. What has happened (or what have I done) to create this problem? 2. How can I resolve this? Thank you
Attached screenshots

NoahSUMO மூலமாக திருத்தப்பட்டது

All Replies (1)

That sounds like your Anti-Virus is throwing it's toys out of the pram. Maybe it's done a recent update.

What Anti-Virus are you using ?