Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Cannot send emails but can receive

stickeng

Hi,

In trying to send emails, I get the attached error messages. I first got the starttls error message so went into the edit SMTP server box in account settings and changed that to SLS/TLS and got a different error message then. In both cases I am unable to send the email. I am still receiving emails so not really sure what to do from here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, In trying to send emails, I get the attached error messages. I first got the starttls error message so went into the edit SMTP server box in account settings and changed that to SLS/TLS and got a different error message then. In both cases I am unable to send the email. I am still receiving emails so not really sure what to do from here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Attached screenshots

Modified by stickeng

All Replies (1)

Hello

usually secured connection using TLS is done with port 587 with StartTLS, and port 465 without StartTLS. That's complicated but it's how it's done.