Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Öppen

Facebook won't let me change password because it doesn't recognize my device (Firefox).

dougroberts4123

Facebook doesn't recognize me from visit to visit so I can't update my password, which possibly was included in a data breach. I've tried allowing cookies from Facebook. Didn't work. Thoughts?

Facebook doesn't recognize me from visit to visit so I can't update my password, which possibly was included in a data breach. I've tried allowing cookies from Facebook. Didn't work. Thoughts?

Alla svar (6)

Hi doug,

You may want to try loggin in from Private Browsing mode and see if it helps. If the problem is related to data breach, though, I'm afriad that would be outside of our control and we can't help with that.

Thanks. The problem is not related to the data breach. Facebook just never recognizes me from login to login. Maybe to much privacy with Firefox? My current approach is to use Safari without any privacy options and to use Safari only on Facebook. I'll try that for awhile and if doesn't work try private browsing mode.

Is it possible that you set your Firefox to never remember history when you close the browser?

Can you check about:preferences -> Privacy & security -> History and check what you have there?

that was the case initially but I tried making an exception for Facebook cookies. That didn’t work. when I use Safari now it often does not log me out. I can go back the next day and not have to login again. So something is different

My safari approach worked. Facebook probably tries a lot of ways to track me that FF interfers with. Whatever, now that I’ve updated the risky password I can go back to using FF like before. Thanks for your comments.

It makes sense if you don't set Safari the same way as using Firefox. If you want Firefox to remember your login state when you restart the browser, there's no other way than using web cookies.

Ställ en fråga

Du måste logga in på ditt konto för att svara på inlägg. Vänligen starta en ny fråga om du inte har ett konto ännu.