Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Denna tråd har arkiverats. Ställ en ny fråga om du behöver hjälp.
Löst Arkiverad

I cannot login to any Google.com site with Firefox. IE and Opera work fine. I cannot login to my Google account usning Firefox either.

metalguru

Yesterday my Firefox started acting weird. I logged into my online banking and did an online money transfer no problem. Then about a half hour later I tried again and could not get to the banking site. It gives an error:

Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at [whatever].

   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

This also happens with Google when I try to go to Gmail, or to log in to my Google account, or access anything at Google.com. Google.CA works fine. All above websites work fine with IE and Opera. Most other sites also work properly with Firefox, just Google.com sites and my online banking refuse to connect. At least that's all I found so far.

Tried the standard clear cache, cookies, etc with no change. Looked at the Windows firewall, deleted Firefox and reinstated it in firewall, no effect. I have tried several of the suggestions in your knowledge base and none have made any difference.

HELP!!!

Yesterday my Firefox started acting weird. I logged into my online banking and did an online money transfer no problem. Then about a half hour later I tried again and could not get to the banking site. It gives an error: Unable to connect Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at [whatever]. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web. This also happens with Google when I try to go to Gmail, or to log in to my Google account, or access anything at Google.com. Google.CA works fine. All above websites work fine with IE and Opera. Most other sites also work properly with Firefox, just Google.com sites and my online banking refuse to connect. At least that's all I found so far. Tried the standard clear cache, cookies, etc with no change. Looked at the Windows firewall, deleted Firefox and reinstated it in firewall, no effect. I have tried several of the suggestions in your knowledge base and none have made any difference. HELP!!!
Läs svaret i sitt sammanhang

Vald lösning

That was very good work. Well done. Please flag your last post as Solved Problem so others will know.

Alla svar (6)

I have tried disabling all my AV software except perhaps Microsoft.

Didn't help.

I do not get an untrusted site warning...

If it was AV software, would it not affect all browsers?

Got it. It was Trusteer protection for my browser.

Thanks.

Vald lösning

That was very good work. Well done. Please flag your last post as Solved Problem so others will know.

Problem solved. Trusteer Endpoint Protection by IBM was the cause.