Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Kërkoni te Asistenca

Shmangni karremëzime gjoja asistence. S’do t’ju kërkojmë kurrë të bëni një thirrje apo të dërgoni tekst te një numër telefoni, apo të na jepni të dhëna personale. Ju lutemi, raportoni veprimtari të dyshimtë duke përdorur mundësinë “Raportoni Abuzim”.

Mësoni Më Tepër
Arkivuar

Where are my downloaded files, when I have selected the location?

mwootan

I have windows 7 with the latest of firefox. Additionally, I have selected the location for my download, tried to download files but it doesn't place the the selected location, where are they? I can even search, but am unable to find them. But when I look into the firefox download, they are there. Help..

I have windows 7 with the latest of firefox. Additionally, I have selected the location for my download, tried to download files but it doesn't place the the selected location, where are they? I can even search, but am unable to find them. But when I look into the firefox download, they are there. Help..

Krejt Përgjigjet (2)

Hi mwootan,

If you go to Tools > Downloads to bring up the Downloads window, try right clicking on an item in the list and choose Open containing folder. That will open the folder that things are actually being saved to.

You said you've already gone to Tools > Options > General and changed the default download location, correct? If that isn't working, you should look at the article How to fix preferences that won't save.

Hopefully this helps!

If Open and Open Containing Folder in the right-click context menu in the Download Manager window are grayed then that means that the file is no longer in the original download location.
It is possible that your anti-virus software is corrupting the downloaded files or otherwise interfering with downloading files by Firefox.
Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.

See "Disable virus scanning in Firefox preferences - Windows"