Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Kërkoni te Asistenca

Shmangni karremëzime gjoja asistence. S’do t’ju kërkojmë kurrë të bëni një thirrje apo të dërgoni tekst te një numër telefoni, apo të na jepni të dhëna personale. Ju lutemi, raportoni veprimtari të dyshimtë duke përdorur mundësinë “Raportoni Abuzim”.

Mësoni Më Tepër
Arkivuar

Why does Firefox reopen tabs that might be bad after I shut down the internet with Task Manager?

AnonymousUser

Sometimes I shut down the Internet with Task Manager due to a problem or suspected bad website, and when I reopen the internet with Firefox, it reopens ALL the tabs, even the one I don't want to open. My setting is for just my home page to open, so I'm not sure why all the tabs would open.

This happened

Not sure how often

Sometimes I shut down the Internet with Task Manager due to a problem or suspected bad website, and when I reopen the internet with Firefox, it reopens ALL the tabs, even the one I don't want to open. My setting is for just my home page to open, so I'm not sure why all the tabs would open. == This happened == Not sure how often

Krejt Përgjigjet (1)

Firefox 3.5 and later versions will automatically try to restore the tabs and windows from the last session if a crash has occurred or Firefox wasn't closed properly the previous time. If it didn't work the first time and the session crashes another time then you will get the "Well this is embarrassing" page (about:sessionrestore).

Set the pref browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes to 0 on the about:config page to get the about:sessionrestore page immediately with the first restart after a crash has occurred or the Task Manager was used to close Firefox.

See https://wiki.mozilla.org/Session_Restore#Preferences http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes

See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Session_Restore#Firefox_keeps_crashing_after_restoring_a_session