Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Session Restore Opens On Start

Wesley Branton

Every time I open Firefox for the first time, it opens the session restore tab and freezes for about 30 seconds. How can I stop this page from displaying on startup without having to delete history on exit?

I want my homepage that I set to show up instead of the session restore tab.

Every time I open Firefox for the first time, it opens the session restore tab and freezes for about 30 seconds. How can I stop this page from displaying on startup without having to delete history on exit? I want my homepage that I set to show up instead of the session restore tab.

All Replies (4)

Chosen Solution

HI, close firefox completely (through firefox > quit)

Still your getting the same issue then type about:config in address bar and search for browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash and change its value to false.

You can also check if you have an user.js file in the Firefox profile folder that sets the browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once pref to true.

Using the File > Exit method didn't work, but the about:config way did.

Will the changes that I made to the configurations change back to the default when Firefox is updated?

No.
Updates for applications, not for preferences