has Kaspersky lost my emails
Hi. 1. I'm a bit of an idiot. 2. I love Mozilla Thunderbird - most of the time. A year or so ago MT asked me to 'revise' something. I did and it proceeded to reopen with approx 6500 emails from many folders all dumped into one POP folder. I lived with it intending to refolder them sometime. I've just reinstalled my Kaspersky protection and all the 6500 emails disappeared. (Not sure if the Kasp installation is relevant but I suspect it may be.) I've recovered the emails by restoring to an earlier date and now have said mail in many folders again. By restoring to an earlier date Kaspersky is 'uninstalled'. Will re-installing wipe the email folders and mail out again? I've compacted all the folders and the inbox now has 10 emails instead of 1500 - again a problem that looks like Kasp didn't like the look of! I run windows 7 home premium. Any help and advice much appreciated.
All Replies (1)
Will re-installing wipe the email folders and mail out again?
That's quite possible.
I've compacted all the folders and the inbox now has 10 emails instead of 1500
Anti-virus software is known to cause corruption of Thunderbird mail files. The result is what you describe - lost messages.
To avoid that create an exception in your anti-virus software for the Thunderbird profile folder, so that the anti-virus real-time scanner will not scan it. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird
Don't let your anti-virus software scan incoming and outgoing messages.
Don't let your anti-virus software scan attachments.
Don't let your anti-virus software intercept your secure connection to the server.
Remove any add-ons your anti-virus software may have installed in Thunderbird.