Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Поиск в поддержке

Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Решён Архивировано

Can not open "about.config" in either "normal" or "safe mode" in Firefox.

Keepper

I am trying to modify the Preferences in the About.config settings, but I can not get into "about.config" in either normal Firefox mode or in Safe Mode Firefox.

I am trying to modify the Preferences in the About.config settings, but I can not get into "about.config" in either normal Firefox mode or in Safe Mode Firefox.
Прочитайте этот ответ в контексте

Выбранное решение

For some weird reason, the "about:config" is now working. I tried closing and reopening Firefox numerous times, but About:config refused to work. Now after posting my problem with Mozilla Support, I went back into Firefox and was able to open About:config. Sorry about that.

Все ответы (5)

hello Keepper, it's about:config!

Hi Keepper

about:config, with :

not with .

About:config


thank you

I am typing ABOUT:CONFIG in that exact way. Is that not correct or should it be ABOUT CONFIG ? In the search (Location Bar) and I keep getting the message "there is no such website."

Выбранное решение

For some weird reason, the "about:config" is now working. I tried closing and reopening Firefox numerous times, but About:config refused to work. Now after posting my problem with Mozilla Support, I went back into Firefox and was able to open About:config. Sorry about that.

check it in Safe Mode, select "Start in Safe Mode" and see if this happen again, if not see: Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems


thanks again