Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Открытый

New Motorola android phone demands Google to get other browser

Nosmo King

Hi, I just bought a Motorola android, as my good old Tesco phone was getting very creaky. I loaded my home Wi-Fi, but cannot find a page to type in a url to install a search engine and other internet sites. I’d like Firefox, but Google insists on being the 'Gatekeeper', and I must go through it to install Firefox.

How to type in my urls without permitting Google, and getting its intrusive parenting offering me masses of things I don't want? I'm not an expert - just a survivor who has 'got around' glitches since computers arrived in the Seventies. On my phone I just want telephone calls, texts and WhatsApp. Plus, Firefox to search the Internet.

I am sick of the moronic, toddler-aged toy apps which come pre-loaded on my new phone. I gave up 'Play stores', (Woolworths), when I became adult sixty years ago! Now this phone offers me apps like: "Candy Crush, Sugar Delight". Oh Please! I realise that seven-year-olds and early teens are the target phone markets, (parents resignedly footing the bills), but I'm past it (in every sense).

However, I'm not daft enough to delete Google in a hissy fit. It is so labyrinthine that disabling it can be severely punished for such disobedience.

I'm sure the solution is simple to you. Please tell me how!

Thanks, Clive.

P.S. The phone is obviously monitoring my searches! Quite disconcerting, for in the past hour it now presents me with a list of search engines to choose - but Firefox is not among them. God preserve us oldies from AI!

Hi, I just bought a Motorola android, as my good old Tesco phone was getting very creaky. I loaded my home Wi-Fi, but cannot find a page to type in a url to install a search engine and other internet sites. I’d like Firefox, but Google insists on being the 'Gatekeeper', and I must go through it to install Firefox. How to type in my urls without permitting Google, and getting its intrusive parenting offering me masses of things I don't want? I'm not an expert - just a survivor who has 'got around' glitches since computers arrived in the Seventies. On my phone I just want telephone calls, texts and WhatsApp. Plus, Firefox to search the Internet. I am sick of the moronic, toddler-aged toy apps which come pre-loaded on my new phone. I gave up 'Play stores', (Woolworths), when I became adult sixty years ago! Now this phone offers me apps like: "Candy Crush, Sugar Delight". Oh Please! I realise that seven-year-olds and early teens are the target phone markets, (parents resignedly footing the bills), but I'm past it (in every sense). However, I'm not daft enough to delete Google in a hissy fit. It is so labyrinthine that disabling it can be severely punished for such disobedience. I'm sure the solution is simple to you. Please tell me how! Thanks, Clive. P.S. The phone is obviously monitoring my searches! Quite disconcerting, for in the past hour it now presents me with a list of search engines to choose - but Firefox is not among them. God preserve us oldies from AI!

Для ответа на сообщения вы должны войти в свою учётную запись. Пожалуйста, задайте новый вопрос, если у вас ещё нет учётной записи.