Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Поиск в поддержке

Избегайте мошенников, выдающих себя за службу поддержки. Мы никогда не попросим вас позвонить, отправить текстовое сообщение или поделиться личной информацией. Сообщайте о подозрительной активности, используя функцию «Пожаловаться».

Подробнее
Решён Архивировано

Watching a video, when you click to expand to full screen, it does this SLOW sliding and slow expanding thing. Safari is INSTANT full screen. How can I fix thi

Kstar741

Example: I'm on YouTube. I play a video. I click to expand to full screen. It SLOWLY slides stuff over. It SLOWLY expands to fill the screen. Was this someone's seriously lame attempt at trying to be cool? This wasn't always like this. And Safari is still: click the full screen icon and it's full screen INSTANTLY.

how can I make Firefox expand a video to full screen INSTANTLY?

Thank you!

Example: I'm on YouTube. I play a video. I click to expand to full screen. It SLOWLY slides stuff over. It SLOWLY expands to fill the screen. Was this someone's seriously lame attempt at trying to be cool? This wasn't always like this. And Safari is still: click the full screen icon and it's full screen INSTANTLY. how can I make Firefox expand a video to full screen INSTANTLY? Thank you!
Прочитайте этот ответ в контексте

Выбранное решение

It is possible that they both have the same effect. I don't know about that, so you would have to check that with the extension disabled. I also do not know if that setting is saved and persists after you close and restart Firefox.

Все ответы (4)

I think that that is how switching to full screen works on Mac.

You can try to run this command in the Browser console:

FullScreen.useLionFullScreen = false

Does this extension helps?

Thank you! I installed the Lion add on and it helps a lot. There's a slight pause before instant full screen. I can live with that, thank you. Should I also type the command line in the browser console?

Выбранное решение

It is possible that they both have the same effect. I don't know about that, so you would have to check that with the extension disabled. I also do not know if that setting is saved and persists after you close and restart Firefox.