Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Rezolvat Arhivate

Where does the padlock icon, to indicate a secure site, appear? I can't find it.

jol13

The padlock icon used to appear on the bar at the bottom of the screen (right hand side) to indicate the site was secure, eg doing banking online. Now I can't find it - so how do I know if a website is secure?

The padlock icon used to appear on the bar at the bottom of the screen (right hand side) to indicate the site was secure, eg doing banking online. Now I can't find it - so how do I know if a website is secure?

Toate răspunsurile (3)

Soluție aleasă

The idea is that you can use the area to the left of the address (green, blue, or plain) to check whether the site is secure.

Site Identity Button | How to | Firefox Help

But if you prefer having a lock, I have read about this add-on you can use:

firefox 4 where is the padlock bottom right corner | Firefox Support Forum | Firefox Help

The Mozilla website, among others, shows the security man icon with a tan background (when I click on the site identity button). Not grey, blue, or green. What does this tan color mean?

Is the color different because I'm using Red Cats (blue flavor) 5.5 for my Firefox theme?

Modificat la de Spade

Do you see a https: protocol in the location bar being used or is there an unencrypted HTTP connection?