Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

I have a Mac running OS 10.5.8. I downloaded Firefox 4 and not the program will not open at all. I am also unable to download the previous version that was running fine. I'm using Safari to contact you.

stbell32

I have a Mac G5 running OS 10.5.8. I downloaded Firefox 4 and now the program will not open at all. I get an error message that reads --

"You cannot open the application 'Firefox" because it is not supported on this architecture."

I am also unable to find a link to download the previous version (3.6) that was running fine. (I'm using Safari to contact you.)

I have a Mac G5 running OS 10.5.8. I downloaded Firefox 4 and now the program will not open at all. I get an error message that reads -- "You cannot open the application 'Firefox" because it is not supported on this architecture." I am also unable to find a link to download the previous version (3.6) that was running fine. (I'm using Safari to contact you.)

Toate răspunsurile (2)

Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac. There is a third party version of Firefox 4 that runs on OS X 10.4/10.5 and PPC Macs, for details see http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox

If you prefer, you can get the latest version of Firefox 3.6 from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Mozilla are working to prevent Mac users with non-compatible systems from getting the notification about Firefox 4, and also not displaying the "Download Firefox 4" button on http://www.mozilla.com

Same proble here, although the Firefox system requirements says it is OK to have PowerPC G3 G4 or G5 ( I have G5 2GHZ)

My solution; very simply use timemachine to restore the previous Frefox 3.x

worked great in 3 mns