Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Caută ajutor

Atenție la excrocheriile de asistență. Noi nu îți vom cere niciodată să suni sau să trimiți vreun SMS la vreun număr de telefon sau să dai informații personale. Te rugăm să raportezi activitățile suspecte folosind opțiunea „Raportează un abuz”.

Află mai multe
Arhivate

I have a Mac running OS 10.5.8. I downloaded Firefox 4 and not the program will not open at all. I am also unable to download the previous version that was running fine. I'm using Safari to contact you.

stbell32

I have a Mac G5 running OS 10.5.8. I downloaded Firefox 4 and now the program will not open at all. I get an error message that reads --

"You cannot open the application "Firefox" because it is not supported on this architecture."

I am also unable to find a link to download the previous version that was already running fine. (I'm using Safari to contact you.)

I have a Mac G5 running OS 10.5.8. I downloaded Firefox 4 and now the program will not open at all. I get an error message that reads -- "You cannot open the application "Firefox" because it is not supported on this architecture." I am also unable to find a link to download the previous version that was already running fine. (I'm using Safari to contact you.)

Toate răspunsurile (4)

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/4.0/system-requirements/

Mac Operating Systems

  • Mac OS X 10.5
  • Mac OS X 10.6

Recommended Hardware

  • Macintosh computer with an Intel x86 processor
  • 512 MB of RAM
  • 200 MB hard drive space

OK, I think it's the Intel processor that's the culprit. My G5 is an older Power PC (pre-Intel). So how then can I restore Firefox 3.6? I can't seem to find any download links.

Firefox 4 requires at least OS X 10.5 and an Intel Mac.

For Mac OS X 10.4.11 or Mac OS X 10.5.8 you can look at: