Showing questions for topic:

Any way to favorite a folder as with Thunderbird Desktop?

I have a couple of folders I use a lot in my email account, and I regularly need to dig into them. The desktop lets a user favorite a folder to its sidebar for fast acces… (ler mais)

I have a couple of folders I use a lot in my email account, and I regularly need to dig into them. The desktop lets a user favorite a folder to its sidebar for fast access. Can the Android app do similar?

Open 1

how to re-enable push notifications, notifications?

Hello, I was clicking random stuff and i accidentally turned off "Show notifications" in the syncronization thing and now i can't turn it back on because to access that… (ler mais)

Hello, I was clicking random stuff and i accidentally turned off "Show notifications" in the syncronization thing

and now i can't turn it back on because to access that noticication setting i need the push noticication to send me there, but, you know.... I turned it off and i can't find any other way to access it. In the app settings from my phone's settings it only shows notification setting for any notification, not specific ones.

What do i do now? Please don't tell me i need to re- install it

Solved 5 10

Can I format text (bold, italic, underlined) in Thunderbird?

When composing emails in Thunderbird for Android, I can't find any options to format text. I can't select a typeface (even the most basic html tags for serif/sans-serif/… (ler mais)

When composing emails in Thunderbird for Android, I can't find any options to format text.

I can't select a typeface (even the most basic html tags for serif/sans-serif/monospace aren't available) or even make text bold, italic or underlined.

This makes it very hard to create emphasis where necessary, and it feels like ancient emails from before HTML formatting.

Is there something I am missing, or does this depend on the phone?

NB: I can do this with my messaging apps and the Gmail app, which I prefer not to use.

Sony Xperia 10 V Android 14

Open 1 61

Show remote images automatically

Hi all I'm banging my head against a brick wall trying to get the app to automatically show remote images. A google search says go to Account settings > Reading mail b… (ler mais)

Hi all I'm banging my head against a brick wall trying to get the app to automatically show remote images. A google search says go to Account settings > Reading mail but this isn't an option in the android app, there is only General Settings and no Reading mail. How can i get my emails to display properly automatically ?

Thanks all, Nick

Solved 3 50

Siganturproblem bei thunderbird android

Ich habe die Version 22 installiert. Die Signatur hatte ich vor dem Update geschrieben u. eingefügt. Es hatte mir bisher immer die Sig in meinem Format eingefügt. Erst mi… (ler mais)

Ich habe die Version 22 installiert. Die Signatur hatte ich vor dem Update geschrieben u. eingefügt. Es hatte mir bisher immer die Sig in meinem Format eingefügt. Erst mit meiner kleinen Änderung ging das Format verloren, lässt sich nicht ändern. Egal in welcher Tastatur (gboard od. Samsung), wenn ich versuche einzufügen bzw zu ändern, es wird mir der Zeilenumbruch nur im Schreibmodus im Signaturtextfeld bei der Tastaur nur bei Änderungsversuch des Textes dort nicht mehr zur Verfügung gestellt.

Open 1

is there a way to make the unified inbox android widget also sort unread mail at the top?

The app itself sorts ubread mail at the top, this is obviously vert useful. What seem strange is that the home screen widget does not do this. That setting would be doubb… (ler mais)

The app itself sorts ubread mail at the top, this is obviously vert useful. What seem strange is that the home screen widget does not do this. That setting would be doubbly useful on the widget where a quick peek to see what is what is the entire point.

Is there a way to configure the widget to also do this type of sorting?

Open 1 20

adding Thunderbird to mailto links

Using Thunderbird for Android on my phone to access several email accounts. But it's not showing up as an option for mailto:: links in Firefox (my default browser). Is t… (ler mais)

Using Thunderbird for Android on my phone to access several email accounts. But it's not showing up as an option for mailto:: links in Firefox (my default browser).

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Open 1 20

Unable to specify multiple outgoing SMTP servers?

Whereas on the Thunderbird Desktop software, where each identity on an account can have their own outgoing SMTP server, the Thunderbird for Android app does not have this… (ler mais)

Whereas on the Thunderbird Desktop software, where each identity on an account can have their own outgoing SMTP server, the Thunderbird for Android app does not have this feature. Why?

I used the "Export to Mobile" feature and got stuck for quite while until i found this out. This help article also only mentions this as a fact, but no explanation or anything. Why is there such a feature discrepancy between these versions? Why is there no warning while exporting that this will be an issue? Will this feature ever be added?

Open 1 60

Marking favorite folders

When moving emails to folders, it is very difficult to find a folder in a long list of folders. Is there a way to mark frequently used folders as favorites so they appear… (ler mais)

When moving emails to folders, it is very difficult to find a folder in a long list of folders. Is there a way to mark frequently used folders as favorites so they appear at the top of the folder list?

Open 1 40

Wo stelle in der App ein, dass meine Nachrichten auch im App Symbol angezeigt werden?

Ich habe die thunderbird App auf meinem Smartphone installiert. Problem: die Nachrichten werden nicht im Appsymbol angezeigt obwohl es überall angeschaltet ist. Problem … (ler mais)

Ich habe die thunderbird App auf meinem Smartphone installiert. Problem: die Nachrichten werden nicht im Appsymbol angezeigt obwohl es überall angeschaltet ist. Problem 2: Wie bekomme ich 15min Emails abrufen auf permanent umgestellt?

Solved 2 40

Cannot find the option to NOT automatically mark options as read (Firefox Android 20)

I exported my settings from desktop thunderbird when setting up Thunderbird Android 20 but discovered it was automatically marking messages as read. That makes it difficu… (ler mais)

I exported my settings from desktop thunderbird when setting up Thunderbird Android 20 but discovered it was automatically marking messages as read. That makes it difficult to have a peek at messages when I'm out (in case there's something urgent) but still see those messages as unread when I return to the desktop.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1504592 claims to have found the option to do that, but it's an old message that has been archived without ever saying where that option was found. I've tried settings search as well as a visual search of all settings without seeing a relevant option.

Does that option actually exist? Or do I have to go back to K9 (which, at least in v19, had that option)?

Solved 1 40

Cannot see date of emails and earlier solution not available

On my Samsung A05 Thunderbird does not show received email dates only the day. This is useless for finding emails going back more than a week or two. I don't care what da… (ler mais)

On my Samsung A05 Thunderbird does not show received email dates only the day. This is useless for finding emails going back more than a week or two. I don't care what day of the week it was received, just the date and time. Earlier solution offered (via message lists) not in any of my menus so cannot use. Please advise how to show dates. Current OS Android 15 A055FXXSHDZF1/ A055FOJMHDZF1 / A055FXXSHDZF1 with security patch level: 5 June 2026 Also cannot find support/about option in the settings menu to show the Thunderbird version.

Solved 4 10

Add "undo" feature

Please add an UNDO feature to the Android version. It has happened to me multiple times that when trying to scroll (esp in the bus) it registers as a swipe & deletes… (ler mais)

Please add an UNDO feature to the Android version.

It has happened to me multiple times that when trying to scroll (esp in the bus) it registers as a swipe & deletes a message.

and then it's really hard to scan the trash to figure out which message it was

at the same time, i don't want to be asked for confirmation *every* time i delete something - I'll spend as much time "confirming" as deleting messages.

So the ideal in an undo button somewhere in the interface where a can undo the last action (from a subset, since I'm guessing not every action can be undone). The desktop version has it, hopefully it can be migrated to the android version.

thank you

Alvar

Solved 1 40

Feedback

1 there should be an option to put the menu with the delete button at the bottom, not top. 2 Unified inbox is great, but why not unified everything. Unified spam,.sent,… (ler mais)

  1. 1 there should be an option to put the menu with the delete button at the bottom, not top.
  2. 2 Unified inbox is great, but why not unified everything. Unified spam,.sent, deleted etc. Blue mail does it and it's very useful.

Those are the 2 main things. Anything else is not important but nice. E.g.

  1. 3 Options for a bit more colour or ability to colour things, like accounts or senders.
  2. 4 One click unsubscribe for emails

Other than that it's utterly awesome and feels very stable, unlike the new release of Blue Mail.

Open 1 50

How to control how many connections Thunderbird for Android can do with the IMAP server?

Sometimes I got a problem with Gmail where I get the error "Too many simultaneous connections", both desktop and Android. I found that Gmail servers support 15 connection… (ler mais)

Sometimes I got a problem with Gmail where I get the error "Too many simultaneous connections", both desktop and Android. I found that Gmail servers support 15 connections. I could reduce the number of connections for desktop in the config editor, but I would like how to do that in the Android app. Some times it creates a lot of connections, and I think the numbers stack up together with dead connection when I reboot my router and get a new IP, so I'm wondering how to set to get just one or two simultaneous connections on Android.

Open 4 130