Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Diarkib

How can I make Firefox more low-vision friendly?

ransomedbyfire

I want to use Firefox since it allows me to use Adblock Plus. But I am legally blind; and, despite the zoom features, Firefox is still not as easy for me to use as Internet Explorer. So, this leaves me having to choose between security and usability.

The one thing that I cannot get used to visually is Firefox's address bar display. With all the black and blue text and the fact that it seems more "jumbled" to me than Internet Explorer, I find it very hard to use.

Is there any way I can tweak the way the address bar is displayed (by changing font size, color, content, arrangement, etc.)?

Thanks!

I want to use Firefox since it allows me to use Adblock Plus. But I am legally blind; and, despite the zoom features, Firefox is still not as easy for me to use as Internet Explorer. So, this leaves me having to choose between security and usability. The one thing that I cannot get used to visually is Firefox's address bar display. With all the black and blue text and the fact that it seems more "jumbled" to me than Internet Explorer, I find it very hard to use. Is there any way I can tweak the way the address bar is displayed (by changing font size, color, content, arrangement, etc.)? Thanks!

All Replies (1)

You can try XP on Vista : https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/7119

If you need to adjust the font size on websites then look at:


You are a few versions behind with Firefox 3.5.6, you should update to the current Firefox 3.5.15 version via Help > Check for Updates