Option to eager load pages on new tabs
When I open many new tabs, I'd like them all to be loaded immediately (as soon as they the new tab is created, a.k.a. eager loading). The reason is that, when I click to actually see those pages, if they are already fully loaded, that will make user experience much smoother.
Please see attached image for a demo of current behavior: browser had plenty of time to load those new tabs in background, but it didn't.
I understand that lazy page loading is a way to preserve RAM and CPU cycles. I know that is usually a good thing for users who are used to working with only one thing at a time and/or have limited hardware resources. However, I think there should be an opt-in feature of eager loading, which would optimize a lot the time for experienced/heavy users.
Thank you!
All Replies (2)
Do you get the same in a clean testing profile? (This is not how it behaves / should behave out of the box. You can try a Linux VM on https://browser.lol/ for comparison.)
You're correct. Dark Reader is the main reason for the problem.
In my new tests, it seems that, without Dark Reader, only small parts of newly opened pages are lazy-loaded. According to this thread, it's probably because Firefox prevents lazy JavaScript execution: https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/a9vulg/dark_reader_add_on_lag/
Is there any way to enable eager JS execution for newly opened tabs?
Thanks.