Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Diarkib

More advanced search for old emails

Susan Hoddinott

I am trying to locate old emails. Is there anyway of performing a more advanced search in Thunderbird which can include multiple search terms and senders?

I am trying to locate old emails. Is there anyway of performing a more advanced search in Thunderbird which can include multiple search terms and senders?

All Replies (6)

Penyelesaian Terpilih

Multiple rules can be included in a Classic Search (Ctrl+Shift+F) of an account, like the example in the attached picture.

Thankyou - I will give it a go - unfortunately it doesn't seem to allow choice of all folders

You can also try a Saved Search (File/New...) to search multiple selected folders with a similar dialog.

That is great - thanks

slight problem - having created saved search - how do I get it to run?

After the folder is created, open it to execute the search. Afterwards, right-click the folder, Properties, Update.