Install extension locally via policies.json
Greetings
I'm trying to deploy firefox in spanish using policies.json and this is the code im using:
{
"policies": {
"Extensions": {
"Install": ["/usr/lib64/firefox/distribution/extensions/langpack-es-MX@firefox.mozilla.org.xpi"],
"Uninstall": [],
"Locked": []
}
}
}
Whenever i launch firefox, the langpack is not installed, the "about:policies" page display the following error:
Download failed - ERROR_NETWORK_FAILURE - file:///usr/lib64/firefox/distribution/extensions/langpack-es-MX@firefox.mozilla.org.xpi
We always put the folder of the language pack in /firefox/browser/extensions/ but after upgrading to firefox 76 is not working, i can install manually the langpack but that's not an option. Is there is something wrong with my code?
Sorry for my broken english.
All Replies (3)
It sounds like we can't access the file for some reason. What happens if you put
file:///usr/lib64/firefox/distribution/extensions/langpack-es-MX@firefox.mozilla.org.xpi
in the URL bar?
does it load the XPI?
Penyelesaian Terpilih
Thank you
I tried to load the extension in the web browser and you were right there is an filesystem error.
I changed the location of the extension and the about: policies doesn't show any errors. After I restarted the browser the UI was in Spanish.
Although I would like the end user didn't have to restart the browser every time, maybe if I play with some of the extensionsettings in the policies.json files.
Take a look at the RequestedLocales policy.