Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Sending mail with photos

pyadkins

I use to be able to send photo's but not anymore. I have looked thru all the suggestions but can't find the answer. I am assuming that one needs to use file link, but if I choose the file link the recipient either doesn't get the email or deletes it because they now don't recognize the sender. If I ignore the file link option the recipient doesn't get the photo just the email body. What has changed in Thunderbird. I use Runbox for my main email and Gmail as alternative.

I use to be able to send photo's but not anymore. I have looked thru all the suggestions but can't find the answer. I am assuming that one needs to use file link, but if I choose the file link the recipient either doesn't get the email or deletes it because they now don't recognize the sender. If I ignore the file link option the recipient doesn't get the photo just the email body. What has changed in Thunderbird. I use Runbox for my main email and Gmail as alternative.

All Replies (1)

There has been no significant change in how to send or receive attachments such as photos in many years and it can still be done as always. Please describe in greater detail what happens when you try, including all error messages you see.

The Filelink feature is not usually necessary. That feature is intended for very large attachments that are likely to be rejected by the sender's or recipient's email system. Most single photos are small enough that they can be sent via email without a problem.

Here's an article about how to use attachments.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-use-attachments

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.