Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Update erased all my bookmarks.

nottaprob

latest update "erased" my bookmarks. Ive followed all instructions, no backup file shows when doing Restore directions. Supposed to automatically save last 15 updates but no bookmarks? Where else may it be saved to try manual restore or am I going to have to reenter all I had.

latest update "erased" my bookmarks. Ive followed all instructions, no backup file shows when doing Restore directions. Supposed to automatically save last 15 updates but no bookmarks? Where else may it be saved to try manual restore or am I going to have to reenter all I had.

All Replies (2)

Well folks, I think I found a way to fix this problem. I followed all the suggestions on the website and nothing worked, especially since no items were found (backups, as an example) and most locations showed no files or options that the suggestions showed. I got fed up & decided to Uninstall. I hit the Uninstall Firefox and then a window showed that said to Refresh Firefox. One more try. It actually started, showed steps it was doing and darned if it didn't actually work. My bookmarks are back, no password probs so far, but the Bookmark icon is different on mine. I can get used to it or try to find the old way. But happy for now. Give it a try. If it does show up, you can hit it. If not, then it will uninstall, so if anyone knows this option shows up, please post it. Hard to believe my Refresh option is only on my PC, so good luck all.

Chosen Solution

"Refresh" is e.g. in Help › More troubleshooting info and a few similar places. The guide is here: Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings

Glad to hear it fixed your profile!

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.