Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

There is no "Settings, Browsing". And in "Tabs and Browsing" there siu bnithing abiut controlling popups

SCore

I won[t use You Tube bedcause of the onslaught of ads. I am told Friefox has a solution....does it?

I won[t use You Tube bedcause of the onslaught of ads. I am told Friefox has a solution....does it?

All Replies (1)

Firefox itself does not block YouTube ads by default. What people are usually referring to is using an extension like uBlock Origin.

Try this:

  • Open Firefox.
  • Go to Add-ons and Themes (or press Ctrl + Shift + A).
  • Search for uBlock Origin and install the one from the official developer.
  • Restart Firefox and test YouTube again.

The "Settings → Browsing" option you were told about is probably from an older Firefox version or a different browser. Firefox's built-in popup protection mainly handles website popups, not video ads.

If you already installed an ad blocker and it isn't working, check that the extension is enabled and that Firefox hasn't blocked its permissions. YouTube changes its ad system often, so keeping the extension updated is important

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.