This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I have windows xp and Firefox works perfectly for Rightmove but is completely hopeless for Gumtree, it just so slow
Hello I like to use the Gumtree website but although Firefox will work very fast on the Rightmove website on Gumtree it is useless and takes a very long time to 'turn' a page or go to another area of the website I have disabled all the add- ons and it is a bit better but I would be there all day to try and look through Gumtree as it is so slow whereas for Rightmove it turns the pages very fast My local library also uses windows xp and it is very fast on Gumtree and it uses Google Chrome Thanks
All Replies (1)
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox button > Options/Preferences> Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox button > Options/Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Modified by Moses