My cursor does not go to URL bar when I open a new tab (and it used to). Help!
It used to be that when I opened a new tab in Firefox (16?), the cursor would go to the URL bar and I could type in any URL i wanted. Now, it disappears and I have to position the cursor in the URL field manually. What happened? I really need the cursor to jump right to the URL field when I open up a new tab.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
hello webgal, do you use any extensions that might interfere with this behaviour? you could test it by launching firefox in safemode once & see if the same issue is occurring there too...