Firefox keeps logging user out of Active.com after 10 to 15 minutues, any suggestions?
We use activenet.com here at our local recreation center to check people in for memberships. We use IE in the past, but the newer version is so slow. We switched to Firefox and it works great as far as speed. Only one issue with it though now. If it sits idle for about 10 to 15 minutes and you try to type someone in, an error comes up that says "Session has expired. Login to continue" You click "ok" and it doesn't log you out of the website, but it does take you back to the main screen and doesn't check that individual into the software. Any way to make it so Firefox doesn't log you out of the session so quick?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!