Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

Cannot manually open a new tab in my accounts 3.6 but on same computer, my wife's 3.6 tabs work normally.

jhep3304

Using FF 3.6 with Win XP. Suddenly I cannot manually open a new tab even though the drop down menu appears. When I click new tab nothing happens. Same result when using the File area or Control T. My wife also has an account on this computer and her FF 3.6 works normally and we can create new tabs ad infinatum. We are not ready to switch to the new version of FF.

Using FF 3.6 with Win XP. Suddenly I cannot manually open a new tab even though the drop down menu appears. When I click new tab nothing happens. Same result when using the File area or Control T. My wife also has an account on this computer and her FF 3.6 works normally and we can create new tabs ad infinatum. We are not ready to switch to the new version of FF.

All Replies (2)

Chosen Solution

The Ask Toolbar is causing that in the Firefox 3.6.13+ versions. Uninstall that extension.

There are a couple of places to check for the Ask toolbar:

Fantastic! I did have ASK as an add-on and when I uninstalled it the TABs now work correctly. Thanks for your help in providing a peaceful ending to a very frustrating two days.

jhep3304@windstream.net