Sync overwrote existing bookmarks instead of "syncing"... how do i recover lost bookmarks?
Decided to try and use the bookmark option in FF 4 Sync. I had been using the other sync options without issue. My goal was to get my work PC's bookmarks synced with my home PC. I turned bookmark sync on my work PC, when I got home and booted up my computer, before I realized what had happened FF had overwrote my bookmarks on my home PC with my work PC's bookmarks. I have now lost ALL of my bookmarks on my home PC. How do I recover these?
I didn't have time to try and save my bookmarks from my home PC, apparently when you set the one instance of sync to use bookmark they all are set to sync. I figured I would have a chance to save my home PC's bookmarks before i enabled it on that machine to sync the bookmarks.
Firefox automatically saves backups of your bookmarks, you need to restore a backup from the day before that happened. See this support article.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Picasa plugin
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
When I setup syncing on my work PC I used the default sync option.
Firefox automatically saves backups of your bookmarks, you need to restore a backup from the day before that happened. See this support article.
Thanks, found the backups.