Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Archived

I live in USA but Firefox gives me GB search engines (like yahoo.co.uk)

opla

In my Firefox search window I see Search engines for GB, like yahoo.co.uk, amazon.co.uk, ebay.co.uk etc. I live in USA and I want American search engines.

In my Firefox search window I see Search engines for GB, like yahoo.co.uk, amazon.co.uk, ebay.co.uk etc. I live in USA and I want American search engines.

Modified by opla

All Replies (3)

Chosen Solution

Something may have gone wrong with an update.

Your user agent shows an en-GB version:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.13) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.5.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

You can download the en-US version (http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html) and uninstall the en-GB version before installing that en-US version.

Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere (not in the Firefox program folder) and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.

Thank you, cor-el !

You're welcome