Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Extensions and Search Not Working

  • 1 reply
  • 1 has this problem
  • 22 views
  • Last reply by Goober4473

more options

As of today, all of my Firefox extensions have stopped working and all of the search engines have been removed from the Default Search Engines menu.

I've tried everything I can find for either problem, but nothing has worked and they seem related?

Extensions:

  • Reinstalling extensions did not work. They're still listed as enabled on my extensions settings page.
  • I'm not in private browsing mode and my extensions are set to be usable in private mode anyways.
  • Extension icons don't appear anywhere in the customizing menu for the toolbar, including the overflow menu.

Search:

  • Deleting the search.json.mozlz4 file did not work; it didn't create a new file.
  • "Restore Default Search Engines" button in search options is grayed out.

Both:

  • Reinstalling Firefox did not work.

I have no idea what to do at this point.

As of today, all of my Firefox extensions have stopped working and all of the search engines have been removed from the Default Search Engines menu. I've tried everything I can find for either problem, but nothing has worked and they seem related? Extensions: * Reinstalling extensions did not work. They're still listed as enabled on my extensions settings page. * I'm not in private browsing mode and my extensions are set to be usable in private mode anyways. * Extension icons don't appear anywhere in the customizing menu for the toolbar, including the overflow menu. Search: * Deleting the search.json.mozlz4 file did not work; it didn't create a new file. * "Restore Default Search Engines" button in search options is grayed out. Both: * Reinstalling Firefox did not work. I have no idea what to do at this point.

Chosen solution

It seems like messing with the values for cache size and mas processor use was causing this. Not sure which one did it, but reverting them all fixed it.

Read this answer in context 👍 0

All Replies (1)

more options

Chosen Solution

It seems like messing with the values for cache size and mas processor use was causing this. Not sure which one did it, but reverting them all fixed it.