Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Just got app for iphone8

marleneatpeace

Well, I just downloaded the app and I am not quite sure how this is working I am so used to my desktop. When I want to search a website why does it always go to google search? Also, I can’t find the menu for settings. Thanks. Marlene

Well, I just downloaded the app and I am not quite sure how this is working I am so used to my desktop. When I want to search a website why does it always go to google search? Also, I can’t find the menu for settings. Thanks. Marlene

All Replies (1)

The Firefox browser comes with many search engines already installed. Type about:preferences#search<enter> in the address bar. You can select any search engine to be your default from here.

You can also remove any engine from here.


marleneatpeace said

Also, I can’t find the menu for settings.

On the iPhone, open the browser. On the toolbar at the far right, you should see 3 dots, or 3 lines, on top of each other. Press it. Look for Settings near the bottom.