X
Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.
Scheduled maintenance: Thursday, April 2, between 3pm and 5pm UTC. This site will have limited functionality while we undergo maintenance to improve your experience. If an article doesn’t solve your issue and you want to ask a question, we have our support community waiting to help you at @firefox on Twitter

Support Forum

Password Import from Chrome is corrupted

Posted

I used the import from another browser tool to import my passwords from Chrome into FF. It looks to have grabbed all of the passwords, but every single username and password is corrupted. It looks to be encrypted data. Is this import function currently broken? I'm using FF 67.0.1 (64-bit) and Chrome 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win10. I also have FF Lockwise installed and I made sure that all Chrome processes were stopped. Any info would help, thanks!

I used the import from another browser tool to import my passwords from Chrome into FF. It looks to have grabbed all of the passwords, but every single username and password is corrupted. It looks to be encrypted data. Is this import function currently broken? I'm using FF 67.0.1 (64-bit) and Chrome 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Win10. I also have FF Lockwise installed and I made sure that all Chrome processes were stopped. Any info would help, thanks!

Chosen solution

Apparently this has to do with Lockwise being installed before the import. I removed the Lockwise extension and all of the usernames and passwords were correct in the native FF pass mgr. I reinstalled the Lockwise ext and everything looks good now.

Read this answer in context 0

Chosen Solution

Apparently this has to do with Lockwise being installed before the import. I removed the Lockwise extension and all of the usernames and passwords were correct in the native FF pass mgr. I reinstalled the Lockwise ext and everything looks good now.

Apparently this has to do with Lockwise being installed before the import. I removed the Lockwise extension and all of the usernames and passwords were correct in the native FF pass mgr. I reinstalled the Lockwise ext and everything looks good now.