My fire fox focus starting in polish i need to chsnge in English
My fire fox focus starting in polish i need to chsnge in English
My fire fox focus starting in polish i need to chsnge in English
The subject line of replies to email messages are preceded with Aw: instead of Re:. Aw: appears to be the German language version of Re:, but my language is set to Englis… (続きを読む)
The subject line of replies to email messages are preceded with Aw: instead of Re:. Aw: appears to be the German language version of Re:, but my language is set to English as best as I can determine. Forwarded email are preceded with Fw: as normal. I do not see anything other than the Subject line Aw: that look like they are in another language. If I use a different browser than Firefox, then the reply subject line is preceded with Re: so I do not think it is a global Windows setting. This problem started several months ago -- I have been using Firefox for many years without this problem so it appears to be caused by a Firefox update. Thanks.
By adding kiswahili to transte
In my Settings, the browser's fallback language is set to Portuguese, without giving me any other language choice, nor leaving it blank. I assume this is the reason I kee… (続きを読む)
In my Settings, the browser's fallback language is set to Portuguese, without giving me any other language choice, nor leaving it blank. I assume this is the reason I keep seeing menus, notifications, etc., randomly popping up in Portuguese.
In my Settings, the browser's fallback language is set to Portuguese, without giving me any other language choice, nor leaving it blank. I assume this is the reason I kee… (続きを読む)
In my Settings, the browser's fallback language is set to Portuguese, without giving me any other language choice, nor leaving it blank. I assume this is the reason I keep seeing menus, notifications, etc., randomly popping up in Portuguese.
Home page, and all searches, indicate I'm in London! I am NOT! I'm in Arizona, United States. How do I switch it? Note: VPN is off.
Hello, My Firefox interface is set to Ukrainian, and everything in the browser is displayed in Ukrainian. However, when Firefox shows a notification about an available up… (続きを読む)
Hello,
My Firefox interface is set to Ukrainian, and everything in the browser is displayed in Ukrainian. However, when Firefox shows a notification about an available update, the text of this notification is in russian.
I do not know russian and have never selected it anywhere in Firefox or in my operating system. I would also like to explain why this matters to me: seeing russian in my browser is genuinely unpleasant, because russia is waging a terrorist and aggressive war against Ukraine. For many Ukrainians, software defaulting to russian is not a minor localization glitch. It is something we actively want to avoid.
Why does this happen, and how can I make sure update notifications appear in Ukrainian?
System details: – Firefox version: 156.0.1 – Operating system: Windows 11 – Where I downloaded Firefox: mozilla.org
A screenshot of the notification is attached.
Thank you for your help!
I hope an email translation feature can be added to the application, similar to Gmail's, making it more convenient to translate the content of emails written in foreign l… (続きを読む)
I hope an email translation feature can be added to the application, similar to Gmail's, making it more convenient to translate the content of emails written in foreign languages.
My page opens in vietmanese and I cant stop the stupid translate option
Aya traductor no se entiende nada
• 起きている問題: アドレス帳やメール表示において、名前の表示形式を「敬称(接頭称)+名前」にしているにもかかわらず、「名前+敬称」の順(あるいは英語順のまま)で表示されてしまう。 • 本来あるべき姿: 日本語環境では、接頭辞(Mr.やDr.など)は名前の前に正しく配置される、もしくは日本語の「様(接尾辞)」に合わせた並び順が選択できる… (続きを読む)
• 起きている問題: アドレス帳やメール表示において、名前の表示形式を「敬称(接頭称)+名前」にしているにもかかわらず、「名前+敬称」の順(あるいは英語順のまま)で表示されてしまう。 • 本来あるべき姿: 日本語環境では、接頭辞(Mr.やDr.など)は名前の前に正しく配置される、もしくは日本語の「様(接尾辞)」に合わせた並び順が選択できるべきである。
Thunderbird 157.0 Not a question - just a recommendation. Wanted to install British English. Chose 'language pack' option, presuming that would include everything. But … (続きを読む)
Thunderbird 157.0
Not a question - just a recommendation.
Wanted to install British English. Chose 'language pack' option, presuming that would include everything. But no dictionary was installed.
Tried again, choosing 'dictionary' (why two options, different files?) Correct dictionary installed.
Instructions should say "Do NOT install the language pack".
Morocco has recently switched back to GMT+0. However when I use web app that pull the time from the browser it shows GMT+1. This doesn't happen in chrome after the update… (続きを読む)
Morocco has recently switched back to GMT+0. However when I use web app that pull the time from the browser it shows GMT+1. This doesn't happen in chrome after the update.
Could you please advise.
Thank you.
I use Firefox in Japanese. Often, when I type Japanese text into an input field, a red wavy underline appears. I know this is the spell-check feature, but I don’t underst… (続きを読む)
I use Firefox in Japanese. Often, when I type Japanese text into an input field, a red wavy underline appears. I know this is the spell-check feature, but I don’t understand the specific criteria it uses to determine whether something is correct or not. Since it doesn’t actually correct the text for me, I’m thinking of turning it off, but before I do, I’d like to understand how this feature works.
For example, even a sentence that seems perfectly fine,
“Apples are delicious.” is flagged as incorrect by this feature. It’s a confusing feature—if I remove the period (.), the underline disappears.
Is this actually useful? It underlines every single sentence.
P.S. I believe the Japanese dictionary is downloaded into Firefox.
日本語でfirefoxを利用しています。 よく文章を入力欄に日本語で打ち込んでいると、赤い波の下線が引かれます。それがスペルチェックであることは知っているのですが、具体的にどんな基準で正誤を判断しているのかもわかりません。かと言って修正してくれるわけでもないのでオフにしようと思うのですが、その前にこの機能がどういう性質のものかは知っておき… (続きを読む)
日本語でfirefoxを利用しています。 よく文章を入力欄に日本語で打ち込んでいると、赤い波の下線が引かれます。それがスペルチェックであることは知っているのですが、具体的にどんな基準で正誤を判断しているのかもわかりません。かと言って修正してくれるわけでもないのでオフにしようと思うのですが、その前にこの機能がどういう性質のものかは知っておきたいです。
例えばなんの問題もないように見える
「りんごは美味しい。」 という文章もこの機能によると間違っていると表示されます。 「。」記号を抜くと下線は消えたりとよくわからない機能です。
これは果たして有用ですか?
追記、日本語辞書はfirefoxにダウンロードされていると思います。
Same question, expanded. We're in the age of international browsing- Why when you choose a default language for the browser, doesn't it already ask if you want the page y… (続きを読む)
Same question, expanded. We're in the age of international browsing- Why when you choose a default language for the browser, doesn't it already ask if you want the page you're looking at (if not in the default language) to be translated? You guys are years behind missing a feature like that. Even internet explorer had that function.
I have set the "Translate Selected" to be English. it suggests Finnish to me. I do not want this there is no option to make it only translate selected to English. I do n… (続きを読む)
I have set the "Translate Selected" to be English. it suggests Finnish to me. I do not want this there is no option to make it only translate selected to English. I do not want it to be Finnish. I only want things Translated to English. Please give me option to only translate to languages I want. Or make the System settings Respect my choices. Thank you.
When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge… (続きを読む)
When the automatic translation pop-up appears, Firefox incorrectly detects Kurdish text and labels it as Persian. Other browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, accurately identify and label Kurdish as its own distinct language. This misclassification disrupts translation accuracy and usability for Kurdish speakers. Please update the language detection model in Firefox Translations to correctly recognize and label Kurdish.
Well, you know, for translation between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese, it's quite simple, people just need to replace one word's (if it has) simplified form … (続きを読む)
Well, you know, for translation between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese, it's quite simple, people just need to replace one word's (if it has) simplified form to traditional form (or vice versa) without changing the word itself.
(Even if you want more changes, there are indeed some flavor difference about using which words to describe one thing. For example, 硬件/硬體,it means hardware, but 體's simplified form is 体,so there's a little difference on the selection of words. But at its maximum, it's still in order and in low amount.)
However the translation provided by Firefox processes this like it's a total of 2 different languages and it results in a totally different output. Moreover, the output losts almost all original logics (not literally “all” but a 25~50% can already ruin any translation), which means it's unreadable, it's not translation in any degree but a nonsense writing.
So, are you using a low quality machinery translation and by the logic SCh-En-TCh?
zhen i type zith q keyboqrd gibberish qppeqrs