Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Mozilla サポートの検索

サポート詐欺に注意してください。 私たちはあなたに通話やショートメッセージの送信、個人情報の共有を求めることはありません。疑わしい行為を見つけたら「迷惑行為を報告」からご報告ください。

詳しく学ぶ
このスレッドはアーカイブに保管されました。 必要であれば新たに質問してください。
アーカイブに保管済み

Can't save .gif in its original format, even if I visit the file's page itself. I only get "webp" in the save dialog's format options

Twisted_Code

Take any example GIF file on pretty much any website. if I right-click the image, I can "Save image as", but my only format option is webp. I have the same issue if I visit the direct link to the file and choose "save page as". Surely there is a way to save the page in its original format right? It's a GIF so I should have the option to save it as a GIF?

I've also noticed if I right-click a GIF and "copy image" I only get a single frame of the image on my clipboard, but I would be able to work around that if I could just save it the way I want to.

Take any example GIF file on pretty much any website. if I right-click the image, I can "Save image as", but my only format option is webp. I have the same issue if I visit the direct link to the file and choose "save page as". Surely there is a way to save the page in its original format right? It's a GIF so I should have the option to save it as a GIF? I've also noticed if I right-click a GIF and "copy image" I only get a single frame of the image on my clipboard, but I would be able to work around that if I could just save it the way I want to.

この投稿は Twisted_Code により に変更されました

すべての返信 (3)

I did get webp on 1 image, but after that I get the normal options. see screenshots You should provide links for the images that show the save webp option.

Here is a gif that I downloaded and it works.

Seeing .gif as the extension of an image file in a link doesn't mean that much as a website can always send the file in another format like .webp if they detect HTTP accept header that the browser supports WebP. This is more likely happening with a JPG or PNG file than with a GIF file although an animated GIF file also can be a short MP4 video file.