Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Archiviato

login issues

Jacques125

Cannot login to my Gmail account using Thunderbird (keeps asking me for a password). I deleted the account and started over and still, Thunderbird will not get past the login banner. I use Imap and took all the default settings. I verified that the password is correct. Checking my 3rd app access in Google Security Checkup shows Thunderbird has been granted access. I removed the account and reconfigured it again with same result. All inbox and folders repopulate as expected however, I cannot send an email without Thunderbird asking for a password.

Cannot login to my Gmail account using Thunderbird (keeps asking me for a password). I deleted the account and started over and still, Thunderbird will not get past the login banner. I use Imap and took all the default settings. I verified that the password is correct. Checking my 3rd app access in Google Security Checkup shows Thunderbird has been granted access. I removed the account and reconfigured it again with same result. All inbox and folders repopulate as expected however, I cannot send an email without Thunderbird asking for a password.

Tutte le risposte (1)

Cannot login to my Gmail account using Thunderbird (keeps asking me for a password).

I'm not sure how this is a problem. You always have to enter a password unless you told Thunderbird to remember the password.

If there is a problem with your password (and you didn't state there is a problem with your password in the first place) follow the Google instructions. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6009563

Also, please post your Troubleshooting Information. At the top right of the Thunderbird window, click the menu button , then select Help > Troubleshooting Information. Press the "Copy text to clipboard button" and paste the information into your reply.