My thunderbird updated now i can't open my old files, how can i fix this?
My thunderbird updated now i can't open my old files, how can i fix this?
My thunderbird updated now i can't open my old files, how can i fix this?
Firefox said to update to 153.4.0 esr to continue to use Google Calendar. I did and was able to recover the calendar. But the upgrade lost all my emails and folders. Pre… (čitajće wjace)
Firefox said to update to 153.4.0 esr to continue to use Google Calendar. I did and was able to recover the calendar. But the upgrade lost all my emails and folders. Previous answers for lost emails have not worked. Please give me a step by step procedure to recover my emails. Thank you
I see a "Thunderbird ESR" notice appears when I open my laptop. I searched to see what it means. I'm still confused. 1) where did it come from? 2) is it best for me? I a… (čitajće wjace)
I see a "Thunderbird ESR" notice appears when I open my laptop. I searched to see what it means. I'm still confused. 1) where did it come from? 2) is it best for me? I am a senior not interested in lots of changes (except improvements), but I am not an organization. Should I do anything or just leave it?
Suzanne
Hello, So my thunderbird updated yesterday 10/1/2026 and since then it's changed my layout and also making problems in attaching documents etc. Is there a way to revert … (čitajće wjace)
Hello, So my thunderbird updated yesterday 10/1/2026 and since then it's changed my layout and also making problems in attaching documents etc. Is there a way to revert to the last version? Or does someone have a way to fix this problem?
Ever since the last update 157 when i open a conversation it open every single tab in that conversation and i hate that, cause i have to close every one to go to anothe… (čitajće wjace)
Ever since the last update 157 when i open a conversation it open every single tab in that conversation and i hate that, cause i have to close every one to go to another email. this stupid updating thing is for the birds. Another thing that i really liked in past versions that whatever color tag i wanted to use would color the subject line now it just does a little symbol all the way on the right side. Can i uninstall a update by chance?
I'm assiting an elderly user of Thunderbird. We were trying to update his saved password but the menu items did not match my current version 153.3.1esr. When I asked him … (čitajće wjace)
I'm assiting an elderly user of Thunderbird. We were trying to update his saved password but the menu items did not match my current version 153.3.1esr. When I asked him to check his version he had options to update from v52. He went through 3 update cycles to v78 when all his data had disappeared. I found some information at: https://support.mozilla.org/mk/questions/1312391 which seemed to put the issue at a file format change in v78. When he looked at the profile folders the most recent was created in 2024. (I couldn't get him to find a modified date more recently.) When he closed Thunderbird and used the Run command "Thunderbird.exe -P" we couldn't find a way to select that most recent profile folder. Are you able to give me instructions I can use in a Windows remote (quick) assist session to restore his data from the profile folder?
Alternatively, is it possible to downgrade back to v68 of Thunderbird; would this restore his data (account settings, emails, contacts/address book etc?
Thanks in advance for any guidance you may be able to offer.
I installed Ubuntu 26.04 on one of my laptops. I want to import my Thunderbird profile from another computer running mx linux. This one has 140.16.0esr(64 bit). I've been… (čitajće wjace)
I installed Ubuntu 26.04 on one of my laptops. I want to import my Thunderbird profile from another computer running mx linux. This one has 140.16.0esr(64 bit). I've been advised to make sure I have the same version on both computers to avoid compatibility issues. The new OS installed 156.01. How do I get the same version on the mx linux computer?
Hi! I'm hoping you can help me! I use Thunderbird, and have for many years, and I love it. My computer is on its last legs, and I'm trying to save up for a new one, but, … (čitajće wjace)
Hi! I'm hoping you can help me! I use Thunderbird, and have for many years, and I love it. My computer is on its last legs, and I'm trying to save up for a new one, but, yesterday I did something possibly stupid... (yeah, I know, you NEVER get people asking for help who've done stupid things, so this will be unusual... lol). Anyway... I turned my computer on and got a popup saying that my Thunderbird needs an update and it's been a while since I updated, so I hit OK on the update... Well, my arsehole of a computer chose that exact minute to shit itself and die. When I tried restarting it, my Thunderbird no longer works. Now I have a popup with a big red X that says "The installation seems to be corrupt. Please check your hardware and disk setup and/or re-install." Can you help me? I desperately need to check my email and have one I need to send. I don't know what to do. I've also got YEARS worth of emails sitting in the system, so I can't risk losing them, either. Please help. L.
On 28 August I received a blank email with just the sender and subject showing. Since then I have sporadically received completely blank emails, with no sender or subject… (čitajće wjace)
On 28 August I received a blank email with just the sender and subject showing. Since then I have sporadically received completely blank emails, with no sender or subject, while others are arriving as normal. The same is happening when I open Thunderbird on my mobile, but not on my laptop which has an older version installed. It would seem that the issue is caused by update 153.1.1esr, as that was released on 28 Aug.
Can I revert to a previous version of Thunderbird or is there another way to fix this, thanks.
Hello, Thunderbird will not update to new version 9d1ba1e8a1 on Linux Mint-22.3 Does anybody have a suggestion, please? Thank you.
This morning Thunderbird asked me to update which I duly did. Once done all messages started disappearing from inbox. Eventually I found them and moved them back to inbox… (čitajće wjace)
This morning Thunderbird asked me to update which I duly did. Once done all messages started disappearing from inbox. Eventually I found them and moved them back to inbox only for it to happen again
Have now tried 3 times, same result, every single email from Inbox keeps being moved to deleted in Local Folders
All new emails that have come in since appear for a micro second in Inbox before being moved to Deleted
This is obviously not a great situation to put it mildly and as it has never happened before and started straight after this morning's update I can only assume that the update is to blame
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Brenton, GPS Imports Team
I thought I had opted for the release channel. But after a recent update, it seems I'm on the beta channel. I'm using a laptop with Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Tbird was installed … (čitajće wjace)
I thought I had opted for the release channel. But after a recent update, it seems I'm on the beta channel. I'm using a laptop with Ubuntu 24.04 LTS, Tbird was installed as a snap, and is updated automatically via snap. However, when I look at Help/About, the image says Beta.
When Updating from v68 to the next version up, the sub-folders I had on my 2nd email account (POP) all disappeared on the left panel but still exists on windows explorer … (čitajće wjace)
When Updating from v68 to the next version up, the sub-folders I had on my 2nd email account (POP) all disappeared on the left panel but still exists on windows explorer as I can see all the files.
1. Using v68.12 with 3 Email Accounts (POP). I only download 1 email account from Network Solutions for the past 5 years. 2. Email 1 - name2.domain, Email 2 - used when Soccer Coach, Email 3 - everyday email I get downloaded from Network Solutions. 3. When I tried updating years ago, from v68.12 to the v 78s or so, all the local folders I set up under Email 1 disappeared but the folder structure remain on the hard drive. 4. If I move the files out, then in Thunderbird, right click and create the folder again called Email - BW the folder is created and blank. 5. Then I shutdown Thunderbird and move the files back and then when I go back into Thunderbird I see some of the folders. 6. If I repeat this process, I see some of the folders and I don't see other. 7. I am trying to export the data out of the Email - BW folder, but the Using IMportExport NG in v68 doesn't match up with the version with Thunberbird v153. 8. Do I need to try to load Thunderbird 78 and try to import the files? I have the data file. I have the msf file I have the folder.sbd file It just doesn't show up on the left panel? Help Please.
How do I update Thunderbird?
After the latest up date I am not able to receive new messages on my PC. I have Thunderbird on my phone and it is working normally.
This was mistakenly posted in the Firefox stream. Amended with apologies. The latest Snap update on my Kubuntu laptop is marked as a BETA version. I haven't selected the… (čitajće wjace)
This was mistakenly posted in the Firefox stream. Amended with apologies.
The latest Snap update on my Kubuntu laptop is marked as a BETA version. I haven't selected the BETA stream, and I checked and snap seems to be pointed at the stable version.
I like to keep track of changes at each install and there's no Release Notes available.
Is this an error at your end or do I need to change something to get back to a stable version?
Missing all my folders except inbox and trash after I updated today.
Missing many folders with emails.
I have had a problem the last few months with my power/sleep settings in Windows being reset to "Never" and it appears to happen when I get Thunderbird updates. Have I d… (čitajće wjace)
I have had a problem the last few months with my power/sleep settings in Windows being reset to "Never" and it appears to happen when I get Thunderbird updates. Have I done something incorrectly?
My Thunderbird, from Debian is: 140.13.0esr I've often wondered what the point of 'extended support release' (I think) really means. It sounds retrograde. Should I switc… (čitajće wjace)
My Thunderbird, from Debian is:
140.13.0esr
I've often wondered what the point of 'extended support release' (I think) really means. It sounds retrograde. Should I switch/upgrade?
Your last update included a Yahoo signup splash screen. Please remove it in the next update. It is annoying and does not serve any purpose other than ccnect me to Yahoo w… (čitajće wjace)
Your last update included a Yahoo signup splash screen. Please remove it in the next update. It is annoying and does not serve any purpose other than ccnect me to Yahoo web mail. If I wanted to use that service, I sign in for it. I am content with using Thunderbird. Or at least give me the option of removing it myself. Thanks.