Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc přepytać

Hladajće so wobšudstwa pomocy. Njenamołwimy was ženje, telefonowe čisło zawołać, SMS pósłać abo wosobinske informacije přeradźić. Prošu zdźělće podhladnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužiwanje zdźělić“.

Dalše informacije
Rozrisany Archiwowany

How can I keep firefox from closing all tabs at once rather than only one?

LindaBunner

When I want to close a tab, firefox wants to close all tabs when I am still using the others. How can I change this so that it will only close the tab I want closed?

When I want to close a tab, firefox wants to close all tabs when I am still using the others. How can I change this so that it will only close the tab I want closed?

Wšě wotmołwy (2)

Wubrane rozrisanje

The large X icon at the upper right of the window closes the entire window and all tabs in it. However, you should find a small x on the tab itself (on the tab bar) to close just the current tab. Other methods include:

  • right-click the tab > Close tab
  • middle-click the tab
  • Ctrl+w to close the current tab

Do any of those suit your needs?

And just in case it's needed, to re-open the last closed tab:

  • right-click any other tab > Undo Close Tab
  • Ctrl+Shift+t

Yes, thank you very much. After reading your reply, I saw right away what you were talking about and it solved my problem immediately. What a relief. Just goes to show, I haven't learned well enough when my husband says, "Read the screen." Thank you again.