Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pretraži podršku

Izbjegni prevare podrške. Nikad te nećemo tražiti da nas nazoveš, da nam pošalješ telefonski broj ili da podijeliš osobne podatke. Prijavi sumnjive radnje pomoću opcije „Prijavi zlouporabu”.

Saznaj više
Arhivirano

Disable proxy failover

tim.goetschl

Hello,

We have set a fixed proxy in Firefox on our employees' notebooks. However, when the notebooks do not have a VPN connection to our network, the proxy cannot be reached. Firefox then disables the proxy after a short time. I found the setting network.proxy.failover_direct under about:config and thought that setting it to false would solve the problem. However, Firefox behaves the same way.

How can I prevent Firefox from accessing the internet except through the specified proxy?

Thank you.

Hello, We have set a fixed proxy in Firefox on our employees' notebooks. However, when the notebooks do not have a VPN connection to our network, the proxy cannot be reached. Firefox then disables the proxy after a short time. I found the setting network.proxy.failover_direct under about:config and thought that setting it to false would solve the problem. However, Firefox behaves the same way. How can I prevent Firefox from accessing the internet except through the specified proxy? Thank you.

Svi odgovori (1)

Are you IT or just user of the company computer? I would think this would be for the company computer consultant IT to resolve this issue?