Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

opening pdfs from a hyperlink in Adobe

jbossa

Previous to the recent update I was able to click on a hyperlink, it would load then automatically download the pdf and then automatically open in Adobe. Now it just opens in Firefox. I have changed the settings to open downloaded pdfs to Adobe but it still opens in Firefox and does not download. I have tried changing the PDF setting to save automatically and it still does not download or save it just opens in a new tab in Firefox.

Previous to the recent update I was able to click on a hyperlink, it would load then automatically download the pdf and then automatically open in Adobe. Now it just opens in Firefox. I have changed the settings to open downloaded pdfs to Adobe but it still opens in Firefox and does not download. I have tried changing the PDF setting to save automatically and it still does not download or save it just opens in a new tab in Firefox.

All Replies (1)

Yes, that's possible for embedded PDFs.

Yi tambaya

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.