Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Youtube Running "TV Mode" On Mozilla Desktop

paigemdenton

Hello! Randomly this week my Youtube switch UI to something more similar to a TV version. All video details and setting are hidden, below a video are other videos, and there is no access to comments or like/dislike. I thought the site updated, but from mobile (both app and Firefox browsing) the site is as I normally expect. I opened safari on desktop and again confirmed Youtube seems "normal".

Does anyone have any experience here? Did I accidentally switch on a protective setting?

Thank you for the help!

Hello! Randomly this week my Youtube switch UI to something more similar to a TV version. All video details and setting are hidden, below a video are other videos, and there is no access to comments or like/dislike. I thought the site updated, but from mobile (both app and Firefox browsing) the site is as I normally expect. I opened safari on desktop and again confirmed Youtube seems "normal". Does anyone have any experience here? Did I accidentally switch on a protective setting? Thank you for the help!

All Replies (1)

Hi there, do you mind sharing a picture on what that looks like? This might be an addon interfering with your youtube or simply youtube running a test and you see a different UI.

Yi tambaya

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.