Only able to sign in to National Lottery in a private window now
Have tried all recommended fixes to enable usual Lottery sign in but no joy unless I do it in a private window. All cookies/racking/extensions etc. looked at but no joy. Only happened in last 2 weeks as have always managed to log in via usual window for years. Do not want to blow all history etc. away via Firefox as re-sets so many stats on sights I use so do this via CCleaner. At the National Lottery log in page detail is all there but the actual log in button greyed out. As I say can log in via Iphone or private window or using Edge so issue is with Firefox settings suddenly.
All Replies (8)
Hi,
Have you tried clearing Firefox cache and clearing cookies and data for the website you experience troubles with?
Yes I have through both clearing browsing data but only the last hour as I do not want to blow all away and as I said, I use CCleaner, and also for specific sites. Makes no difference. I used Gemini and had a number of more sophisticated suggestions. none of which worked.
Please try clearing cookies and data for your site completely, not just the last hour. The linked article describes how to do that (click the shield in the address bar and then click Clear cookies and site data). This will not affect other website, but will ensure you are starting fresh with the lottery one.
I have already done that fix and tried again an no difference
Word of caution here: Do not let CCleaner modify Firefox profile data, esp. if Firefox is running — that's a recipe for data loss; external apps changing the data inside Firefox profile folders is not a supported scenario and can lead to unexpected results, mismatching information and integrity issues later on.
I'm adding the details to github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/235424 — there seems to more reports of the button disabled, for no known reason.
Hugh, if you create a new clean Profile on the side to test, would you be able to log in using this brand new profile, or it also only works using a Private Tab there as well?
Yes a test profile worked! So what to do please as my usual profile does not
We do not know what the service is storing, or verifying with you — just that it's something they apparently do, and later rely on somehow.
If you try your normal profile and open the lottery in a new Private Window, does it work for you there?