Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

thunderbird will not allow attachments of any kind or size

telebruce2

Thunderbird flatpak -1.0 I recently lost the ability to attach files of any kind to messages. when I click the button to attach, no option to choose messages from files are available. I cannot go to the file and share with Thunderbird. I cannot copy a file and attach it. I have tried restarting Thunderbird, and my system (Po_OS Linux) with no result. thanks for the assistance!

Thunderbird flatpak -1.0 I recently lost the ability to attach files of any kind to messages. when I click the button to attach, no option to choose messages from files are available. I cannot go to the file and share with Thunderbird. I cannot copy a file and attach it. I have tried restarting Thunderbird, and my system (Po_OS Linux) with no result. thanks for the assistance!
Ler a resposta no contexto

Chosen Solution

I think I have found the issue. It is likely not a Mozilla problem, but is the result of a recent OS update.

I tried attaching and sending a message from another
computer here that is running Linux Mint. No issues. Everything works.

On my main system, running Pop_Os, I am not able to attach a file to a Thunderbird message at all. Neither of the buttons work. If I try dragging a file into the message, I get only a link to the file which does not work. Just before sending, I get the error message asking did you forget the file?

Any other tests you can suggest to confirm my suspicion.

And THANK YOU all for your assistance!

telebruce2 modificouno o

All Replies (8)

Seems like the same issue as on Windows: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1609202

Same problem here. The problem has occurred with the latest update to Thunderbird. For reference, I am running Linux Debian KDE Plasma 5.27.5. Thunderbird version 1:140.17.0esr-1 deb1 2u1.

Thanks

I suspected that. I will also contact support for my OS and see if I can attack it from there.

I am running 153.4.0esr Wed

Any way too report this to Mozilla other than here? It's really affecting my workflow. Thanks

telebruce2 modificouno o

I had some what the same issue https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1608942 I fixed it my way but I hope mozilla can fix the cause

something a wish I knew when I had the issue was if you needed to send a image another way to do it then attach is menu bar insert > image

Legacy modificouno o

Chosen Solution

I think I have found the issue. It is likely not a Mozilla problem, but is the result of a recent OS update.

I tried attaching and sending a message from another
computer here that is running Linux Mint. No issues. Everything works.

On my main system, running Pop_Os, I am not able to attach a file to a Thunderbird message at all. Neither of the buttons work. If I try dragging a file into the message, I get only a link to the file which does not work. Just before sending, I get the error message asking did you forget the file?

Any other tests you can suggest to confirm my suspicion.

And THANK YOU all for your assistance!

telebruce2 modificouno o

Note - I am moving my replies to the above thread/bug report started by Legacy to avoid confusion.

telebruce2 modificouno o

I was able to click on my desired attachment (a PDF) outside of Thunderbird, and then clicked on "send to" and was given the option of sending it via email. When I chose that, my attachment was indeed sent with a message to the recipient I wanted it to go to.

I'd rather have it the regular way, though.

I am able to attached images (such as PDF douments) but no text or other files by any means.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.