Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sykje yn Support

Mij stipescams. Wy sille jo nea freegje in telefoannûmer te beljen, der in sms nei ta te stjoeren of persoanlike gegevens te dielen. Meld fertochte aktiviteit mei de opsje ‘Misbrûk melde’.

Mear ynfo
Iepen

How can I make Firefox Translate more convenient?

Tlaloc

Hello!

I'm a Japanese user who recently started using Firefox, and I have a question.

I've noticed that Firefox's built-in translation feature is somewhat less convenient than those of Edge and Chrome, especially when I want to translate pages into my native language (Japanese) regardless of the language Firefox detects.

For some reason, when Firefox identifies a page as Japanese, it doesn't offer the one-click translation option, even if the page contains a lot of English text.

To work around this, I have to click the ≡ menu on each page, change the source language from Japanese to English, and then change the target language from Japanese to English.

Does anyone have any ideas for making this translation process smoother?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello! I'm a Japanese user who recently started using Firefox, and I have a question. I've noticed that Firefox's built-in translation feature is somewhat less convenient than those of Edge and Chrome, especially when I want to translate pages into my native language (Japanese) regardless of the language Firefox detects. For some reason, when Firefox identifies a page as Japanese, it doesn't offer the one-click translation option, even if the page contains a lot of English text. To work around this, I have to click the ≡ menu on each page, change the source language from Japanese to English, and then change the target language from Japanese to English. Does anyone have any ideas for making this translation process smoother? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Keppele skermôfbyldingen

Alle antwurden (1)

Yes, this is based on the “lang” attribute of the pages. It would be better to translate each paragraph separately, but that requires a lot of work. Maybe in the future.

In fraach stelle

Jo moatte jo oanmelde by jo account om op berjochten te antwurdzjen. Stel in nije fraach as jo noch gjin account hawwe.