Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Rechercher dans l’assistance

Évitez les escroqueries à l’assistance. Nous ne vous demanderons jamais d’appeler ou d’envoyer un SMS à un numéro de téléphone ou de partager des informations personnelles. Veuillez signaler toute activité suspecte en utilisant l’option « Signaler un abus ».

En savoir plus
Résolu Archivé

Thunderbird - A blank at the beginning of a paragraph and sometimes blanks in the middle show as ??

vickifecteau

When someone receives an email from me, some blanks are translated into ?? (not all) I do not see them on the sent mail, but if the receiver replies I see them in the original text. This has started only in the last week. I am on Windows 10 - not sure of Thunderbird level.

When someone receives an email from me, some blanks are translated into ?? (not all) I do not see them on the sent mail, but if the receiver replies I see them in the original text. This has started only in the last week. I am on Windows 10 - not sure of Thunderbird level.
Lire cette réponse dans son contexte

Solution choisie

Double-click the preference to change it to true, or right-click, Toggle. If you don't see the value column, perhaps you have it hidden (see picture).

Toutes les réponses (4)

Hello vickyfecteau,

Would you try this please :

Go to the Configuration Editor (Tools, Options, Advanced, General, Config Editor). Scroll down to mail.strictly_mime Click on it and change it from "false" to true.

'Hope that does the trick ......

Thanks. I tried that after reading a previous post - when doing the above, it shows for mail.strictly_mime a status of default and type boolean seems to be no way to change "false"

Solution choisie

Double-click the preference to change it to true, or right-click, Toggle. If you don't see the value column, perhaps you have it hidden (see picture).

Seems to have worked - thank you McCoy and sfhowes!