This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox refuses to download Flash Updates
Trying to update flash via the browser since that seems to be the only way now. But it refuses. The last 2 updates, every time I have tried, the Download is immediately canceled and no matter what I do it will not download. Last update I had to get a friend to send me the file directly.
- Firefox 17.00
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
All Replies (3)
It seems to be all .exe files, but .jpg works just fine. How odd!
Normally I'd go about it like this:
- I suggest backing up your data in Firefox (Bookmarks and all) and uninstall it. I'd use Revo Uninstaller to remove the application, it's files and registry entries. Use the free version, it does not make much difference with the pro.
- Download and Reinstall Firefox
- Reload your data (Import bookmarks)
- As for Flash, download the plugin via Filehippo. Choose the Non-IE version and select which one suits your OS (32bit or 64bit). This is a system-wide Flash installer so other browsers like Chrome or Opera gets Flash using this method as well.
Modified by user813855
It is possible that your anti-virus software is corrupting the downloaded files or otherwise interfering with downloading files.
Try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes downloading work.