Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

I have used Firefox for years. Now I can't set it as default. It keeps using yahoo to open everything

Mary McMahon

I have used Firefox for years. Now I can't set it as default. It keeps using yahoo to open everything

Yahoo is taking over'

I have used Firefox for years. Now I can't set it as default. It keeps using yahoo to open everything Yahoo is taking over'

All Replies (1)

Firefox is a web browser and not a search engine while the Yahoo you are seeing may be as a search engine in Firefox.

The desktop Firefox web browser has not come with a Yahoo search engine since Firefox 57.0 as there was a discussion about this here.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-or-remove-search-engine-firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-your-default-search-settings-firefox

Perhaps a extension you installed or updated recently in Firefox has added a Yahoo search engine.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.