Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

stop autoplaying youtube videos

GardenSurfer

i cannot stop youtube videos autoplaying. I have made the settings. see the attached. what does the part with the arroow mean. I have change it to block but it goes back to allow. i have also removed the two entries withthe arrow they come back

I have also done the following in about:config from an old post

media.autoplay.allow-extension-background-pages false media.autoplay.block-event.enabled true media.autoplay.block-webaudio true media.autoplay.default 5 media.autoplay.enabled.user-gestures-needed false

i cannot stop youtube videos autoplaying. I have made the settings. see the attached. what does the part with the arroow mean. I have change it to block but it goes back to allow. i have also removed the two entries withthe arrow they come back I have also done the following in about:config from an old post media.autoplay.allow-extension-background-pages false media.autoplay.block-event.enabled true media.autoplay.block-webaudio true media.autoplay.default 5 media.autoplay.enabled.user-gestures-needed false

All Replies (4)

Sorry, photo didn't post. Here it is

Modified by GardenSurfer

You can modify media.autoplay.blocking_policy from '0' to '2' to see if that makes a difference.

  • media.autoplay.default = 5 [0:allow;1:blockAudible;5:blockAll]
  • media.autoplay.blocking_policy = 2 (2:user input)
  • media.autoplay.allow-extension-background-pages = false
  • media.autoplay.block-event.enabled = true
  • media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground

2 is user input I already have block all

Did you check your YT settings as I recall it also has a option to disable autoplay?